Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Great Day

Lauren says she feels better today than she has for 2 months. I could tell because she woke up and said "Hi Mom!" rather than just hi or hey. She also walked down the stairs at a normal pace, not holding onto the railing. She instigated conversation rather than just waiting to respond. She went to the fridge to look for food rather than me trying to find things to tempt her with. She stood up straight as she walked, not hunched over and hasn't put the pillow against her stomach once. She opened a book and tried to do makeup work on her own. She only took 2 naps. Little things, but very significant!!!!

Today for me has been odd - it is a different thing to go from "survival" mode to "what do I want to accomplish today" mode. Whenever we come home from a hospital stay, I realize that other people's lives have continued on as normal while mine has stood still for a period of time. After a particularly difficult night and morning with Lauren, Blair was on his way to work, called and said it was hard to get motivated about discussing the price of toothpaste after what he had just been through. It alters your perspective just a bit.

Hopefully I won't have much to report for a few days, so don't be alarmed. I will let you know how dose #3 next Tuesday goes.

No comments: