Friday, July 29, 2011

Road Trip - The Oregon Coast


I love the beach!!! I told the kids it was my therapy and I will now try to recreate the entire beach experience as best I can.

Anticipation - walk down the path and this is what you see...


Then you go to the end of the walkway and look to your left...

Look to your right...

Keep walking and you start running down the hill ...

There is nothing quite like the Oregon Coast, especially around Haystack Rock. It is therapeutic to go there. I love to put my feet in the sand and watch the waves and smell the ocean air. We haven't been there for 4 summers - way too long.

If you are lucky, you will come upon a sand dollar. (and Rachel's flip flop tan)

Lauren's favorite thing to do there is to take pictures from all different angles.

Some of us enjoy exploring the ocean life attached to the rocks.

Others enjoy building sand castles.

The wide open space is plenty of room to throw footballs, frisbees, trac ball or baseballs.

These 2 girls always dig some kind of hole and get in it.

The water is a bit chilly but beautiful.

It doesn't get much better than a campfire on the sand while watching the sunset and eating s'mores.



Thanks Mom and Dad for bringing me here for as long as I can remember!

Thanks Blair for driving 3000+ miles to get me there again!!!

No comments: