Friday, June 3, 2011

Milestones


Back 18 years ago when I started having children, no one told me that I needed to plan wisely so that the last 2 weeks of May 2011 wouldn't be full of major milestones for ALL 4 of them!!

Here is Megan on her 8th grade graduation day. She now moves on to high school! Can you believe that? An occasion worth celebrating - many of her friends got gifts and parties. She got a new dress and dinner with friends.

This is her friend Rachel - basketball buddy, band pal and fellow stellar student. Along with her diploma, Megan won an award for top Spanish student (her least favorite subject) and the leadership award for her 7-8th grade band. Good Job Megan!!!





You already heard about Rachel's 16th brithday party and becoming a licensed driver. She is looking forward to being a marching band leader next year.





Lauren posted about her high school graduation. However she didn't mention that she wore cords for National Honor's Society, Illinois State Scholar and was recognized as being in the top 5% of her class. The BYU plans are now in full force.




Then there is Nathan. Turning 11 means he moves on to the boy scout program, so last week he was presented with his Arrow of Light.





I left the elementary school for the last time today. Nathan moves on to middle school next year as a 6th grader. At the awards assembly today, some representatives from a National Investwrite contest came because he wrote an essay that won 5th place in the Nation!!!!! It was about Colgate and the Wisp and why they are a good company to invest in. Hopefully you can see the shocked look on his face.



















When I went to bed last night, I asked Blair if I should come to work today and take photos of him receiving an award. He said sure - I will hold up my paycheck and see if my boss will walk in. I have taken so many pictures, spent so much money, planned so many outfits, coordinated so many schedules and tried to keep everyone smiling and feeling duly recognized. All these celebrations are a bit exhausting!




Now hopefully some lazy days of summer can begin.

No comments: