Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chemo Again

Another day of chemo checked off the list. Lauren had her PICC line pulled a few weeks ago because she wasn't needing it very often. That means finding a vein yesterday was fairly traumatic, but after 4 1/2 pokes we were off and running. Today she will be tired and in about a week she will feel crummy for a day or two.

Everywhere I go, people ask me if I am sad and nervous about Lauren going so far away to school. I can honestly say that I am just excited! She is going to be within an hour of all 4 of my siblings and almost the same distance from various members of Blair's family. She will be seen at Primary Children's hospital in Salt Lake, where she had her first heart transplant 16 1/2 years ago. BYU is one of my absolute favorite places on earth. I have so many amazing memories from my time there. She knows how to manage her health and when she needs intervention. It is time for her to go off and conquer the world and reach her goals. This is a dream come true for her, so no, I am not sad, I am just ready to sit back and watch her make it all happen!!!

No comments: