Friday, May 13, 2011

Fantastic News

It's Lauren!

This week has been absolutely crazy. Tuesday was chemo day and we had to be there by 8 am which means we had to leave by six due to the two hours of traffic we then had to sit in. Wednesday I had a PET/CT scan. Thursday was a routine heart biopsy. I was nauseous Tuesday night and most of this morning, though the reason is unclear. I managed to hold off the bodily fluids for mom's birthday, but couldn't make it on Mother's Day. I think it was a little too much sun from the Botanic Garden. I'm still having headaches periodically and trouble sleeping at night. I still hate the shots and am still giving them to myself - I have a lovely bruise on my arm that is now two weeks old and still purple and one on my stomach. I'm scrambling to finish up government with only four days of actual school left (love being a senior!).

Despite the craziness, great things came out of it all. The doctor called last night with great news:

THE SCAN IS CLEAR!!! meaning...
THE CANCER IS GONE!!!!!

YAY!! I'm so excited! Of course I still have at least six more weeks of chemo (the doctor is pushing for twelve, but says that is "negotiable") but I can handle that knowing there's an end in sight!! Thank you so much for all the faith and prayers that has made such a miracle possible!

The heart biopsy results were also perfect! My body is holding up through the chemo, even though I'm nauseous and tired and having headaches and have to go through a week of weird diets. I'm so grateful for such a strong heart! It's absolutely incredible what the human body is capable of doing and just how strong they are.

Can I just say that I have the most incredible mom ever? Three days in a row of waking up before the crack of dawn to drive me to chemo, to a scan, and to a biopsy that I could technically go to by myself (except the biopsy; they won't let me drive after just receiving sedation). But she comes along and sits through me playing my favorite songs over and over again on the long drives and sits in the uncomfortable chair to take a nap while I'm on the slightly-more comfortable bed not sleeping which is kind of the purpose of a bed. And she still comes home and manages to be with her other kids and support them in all they do. Last night she was at Nathan's baseball game from eight until ten thirty at night after having woken up at five that morning for the biopsy and then came home to deep clean the house taking only one small nap that I accidentally woke her up from. She is such an amazing mom and I'm so glad I have her!

No comments: