Sunday, June 6, 2010

Renee's pleasures

There are many things I take pleasure in, but here are a few for now....

The Temple - I am enjoying spending more time here. I am so grateful for the power, inspiration and peace I feel as I make this a higher priority in my life.

Gardens - The Chicago Botanic Garden is the 2nd most visited garden in the United States, second only to Longwood in Pennsylvania. I have enjoyed more frequent visits here, literally watching flowers and plants bloom before my eyes. It is so beautiful!!
Blair - I am so lucky to have him as mine. He never stops working or praying or trying or smiling. He inspires me to be better and loves me for who I am.

4 Cute Kids - You will notice we are all getting closer to the same size. That unfortunately means we all are getting older. The time goes by so quickly! I enjoy each of their unique personalities and watching them learn and progress. I am so blessed to be a mother.

Reading - There is a magic time right after everyone leaves for school and work when I can curl up and enjoy reading. I find the promises made to us regarding the Book of Mormon are so true as we study it and love it! Lauren laughs that I am always consulting parenting books. I love reading of how others have been successful. I would much rather read a biography than anything fiction. It is fascinating to me to hear of the paths other's lives have taken and how they have overcome.

No comments: