Tuesday, March 2, 2010

To Utah for some R&R

We had a credit on Southwest airlines (thanks to Lauren's chemo) that needed to be used by March, so I planned a trip to visit my family. The mountains are so beautiful when you have only seen flat land for the past year. My siblings are all amazing and have fun families and comfortable homes. My sweet friend Cammi was married to a great guy that weekend. I got quick hugs from some dear friends, relaxed and enjoyed good food, and didn't even need a coat outside! I slept a few nights with my angel niece Samantha, cuddled with little Ryan, bathed Lincoln and was reminded of the great miracles that I see happening before me. I felt overwhelmed by other's challenges, the obvious and not so obvious ones. It was great to see Jeff in his official orthodontist practice and sad to see Blair's mom recognizing less of what is going on around her. Each of my other nieces and nephews are all older and bigger and cuter than the last time I saw them, and I enjoyed being in the aunt role. See you all again in July!!!

Samantha - born July 2009, has Joubert syndrome among other issues which cause some physical challenges to this sweet baby.
Ryan - born Feb 2009, 8 weeks early at 3 lbs 7 oz. Now a thriving and healthy one-year old.

Lincoln Young, 2 1/2 years old

Jeff, Jennifer, Renee, Shauna and Greg

Jeff's ortho practice in American Fork, Utah


Glenna and Fred Holbrook, 84 and 83 years old.

No comments: